Wednesday 28 April 2010

The Cellophane Flowers – Yes I am/If I Was A Girl (Double A-Side Single)

Reviewed by James Tabbinor

The Cellophane Flowers return! Or so I’m led to believe. Never bloody heard of ‘em. The press release would also have me believe that these guys have their own unique sound, which they don’t; their ‘catchy but merciless guitar riff [...] will not soon be forgotten’. All lies, I tells ya. Can’t remember it already, and I don’t care enough to attempt to.

Anyway, enough about yet another boring band with yet another boring single that I’m always FORCED to review (sort of), because I really can't be bothered talking about the music anymore. It’s time to take the label (Blurb Music PR, hello@blurbpr.com) to task on their press release. Specifically this particular sentence: ‘Italian leading lady Francesca Corradini joined the band after auditioning on the day of the 7/7 bombings’. Exsqueeze me? Baking powder? In what way is that relevant? It really wound me up, because there’s no reason to mention that she auditioned on that particular date. I don’t get why the press release would include that titbit of information at all. Unless it’s just to make the authorities aware she was in the country on that date?

I think you all know what I mean. Case closed (and the world’s worst review with it).

No comments:

Post a Comment