Thursday 5 November 2009

Vitalic - Flashmob

Reviewed by Helen Stephenson

When I first heard Vitalic’s debut album OK Cowboy, I was blown away. Ever since its release in 2005 I have been eagerly anticipating and dreading the follow up album. Anticipating because of the absolute stellar quality of each and every track on OK Cowboy; dreading it in case it was another Pendulum debacle where the second album was the biggest let down since school custard. This year has been disappointment after disappointment with other artists, with no album living up to the hype. Now the wait for Vitalic’s follow-up album is over, with the release of Flashmob through Different/PIAS recordings.

I find it very difficult to put into words my feelings about this album. From the first beat I had shivers running up and down my spine. Not only does Flashmob live up to the ridiculously high standards of OK Cowboy, but it takes Vitalic in a new direction, demonstrating his ability to evolve and adapt his music to keep his sound fresh. Each and every track has its own unique feel but they all fit together to make this an absolutely flawless album.

I literally cried tears of joy when I heard this album, it’s that good. If you know what’s good for you, you’ll add Flashmob to your music collection too.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment