Monday 1 February 2010

Hot Chip - One Life Stand

Reviewed by Helen Stephenson

Once again Hot Chip have come out with a belter of a pop dance tune. After listening to ‘One Life Stand’ a couple of times to get a feel for it before reviewing it, I got distracted and went and entertained myself doing other productive activities such as procrastinating about what would happen if the new Pendulum album is a good as that clip on YouTube of ‘Ransom’ suggests it will be. To my surprise, I haven’t been able to get ‘One Life Stand’ out of my head since. It’s been a week. It is like superglue in my brain. The radio version is perfect for, well, radio, and with the album version being more pure dance music orientated, this song has something for both the general public and those with a slightly more discerning dance taste. It even has a bit of a disco vibe to it, which being another of my secret passions, may be the reason I’m hooked. Granted this isn’t a song that is going to advance Hot Chip’s sound in any way, but it is a bit of fun, and we are all entitled to that.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment