Sunday 14 February 2010

Archie Bronson Outfit

Reviewed by Tom 'Dangerously Happy' Waldron

‘Holy moly Batman! An exploding shark!’

Now, before I review the hot new platter by the Archie Bronson Outfit a little back story as to how I was roped in to reviewing it. On Wednesday night I was right fucken wrecked and one of the heads of music passed me this and I was all 'The Archie Bunker outfit? Durrr stay outta Riverdale!' I guess my point is that I have been exploited. Anyway what we seem to have here is white guy disco which is funky yet angular but not in a Gang of Four way with some guy singing with a lot of echo and reverb on his voice. And I must say the heavy-psych tag is misleading because that would make me think of Hawkwind… although maybe that’s because I’m old and decrepit. It’s enjoyable enough stuff although not personally my cup of tea so if you’re cooler than me (and who isn’t?) you’d probably enjoy this. Apparently it was produced by DFA’s Tim Goldsworthy who must be some kind of DFU tribute act, so good luck to them with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment