Tuesday 8 December 2009

The Dead Shores - Modern Men

Reviewed by John Tait

The nice aspects- Powerful power chords and what Frank Turner might describe to be a “punk rock sense of honesty”. To some I’m sure this is a decent enough record. At first I was charmed by what their lyrics stand for, mocking what I’m sure we all inwardly mock- popular culture, the state of masculinity (which has been a subject in The Courier regarding University societies, so topical), and insincerity. Its all very light-hearted, and as the first track progressed, so did its banality. You listen to it and you think “Yeah…ok that’s fine but what’s the point?” To put it more coherently than that it doesn’t speak to me. Darken up guys! My advice to them would be to make their lyrics about something more worthy or about nothing at all.

1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment