Wednesday 6 October 2010

Feel My Method - Blackpuddin'

Blackpuddin’ is one of the strangest creations I’ve ever listened too, an unsettling mix of Yamaha keyboard sound effects, vulgar lyrics and the occasional scream. Almost every song sounds the same. I suspect one of their musical influences may be The Prodigy - they’re obviously attempting to reproduce a similar Rap-Rock-Electronic combination Liam Howlett and co. have mastered so well. Sadly, Feel My Method fail miserably. The most listenable track on the album, 'No Soul', is almost catchy and danceworthy but some bizarre occasional grunting sounds ruin the nearly achieved effect. The lyrics are slightly more comprehendible than the mumblings which characterise the rest of the album, but sadly this isn’t enough to save them. ‘No Soul’ is followed by their ballad track 'Hold On’, Feel My Method claim "you gotta have the ballad", I beg to differ. After 6:33 minutes of warbling I’d barely managed to hold on to my sanity. I can safely say I never want to feel, see or hear Chazegge’s method ever again.

Rebecca Hollingdale

No comments:

Post a Comment