Tuesday 1 January 2008

The All New Adventures Of Us – Best Loved Goodnight Tales

Some people are melody people. Some people are lyrics people. Some people just like noise. Well this album won’t promise you noise but it can offer an abundance of the former two. The musical compositions are dramatic but not showy and the lyrics are incredibly honest and genuine. Stand out tracks are The Art Of The High Five a song dripping with nostalgia remembering days lost whilst they demand ‘come on prove me wrong’ and ask ‘does anyone remember laughter? Does anyone remember fun?’ Perfectly Imperfect is a heartbreaking love song and with timeless lines such as ‘I know that our paths will come to an end at the same town and time. I know ‘cos your hand fits perfectly in mine’ I find myself convinced that true love does exist. A lovely record that has something for everyone (except for those who like noise!).

Review by Hannah Ransome

No comments:

Post a Comment