Monday 26 April 2010

The Keyz - Overcomplicated

Reviewed by Tim Thackray

I wasn’t aware people still put wrote names stuff like ‘Keyz’ apart from 5 year olds and N-Dubz of course but this band obviously thought it would add a certain ‘je ne sais quoi’ to proceedings. It doesn’t. Singing like a man with pinecones in his mouth over a backing track that even Keane would get a bit bored at, this song drifts makes you shudder like a Gordon Brown smile. It’s another painfully dull reminder of the state of mainstream rock of the moment which insists on ‘soaring’ choruses which have a about enough emotion in them as a Gordon Brown smile, oh wait I’ve already said that. Like a Gordon Brown smile (three times a charmer) this song will definitely not be remembered by the end of 2010.

3 comments:

  1. "I wasn't aware people still put wrote names stuff like" - excellent English - that sounds like something a 5 year old would write LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. The guy can't even write let alone write a review. Pathetic attempt at undermining a great talent - coming from someone who has clearly failed even the basics of English. Must be very frustrating being that thick and talentless. Well done to The Keyz, awesome album - ignore people like Tim 'Thickray'....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly I would like to agree with Tim - Gordon Brown does have a smile that makes you shudder, but that is where it end's. Overcomplicated has great vocals, which I feel have great passion, feeling and accompany the music superbly. I do not want to mix my words when I say this. Tim you are a Tory voting, uneducated moron, who seems to be using this review to air your political grievance's and show off your loose grasp of the English language... I would ask 'NSR' to proof read the ill constructed review I have in front of me. Maybe go as far as to get someone who can formulate a coherent sentence to review the artist's in future. This is the first time I have come across this site and to be honest I am disappointed at the lack of professionalism and feel you are letting down what could be an otherwise good site...All the best.. C.Palmer

    ReplyDelete